En Gev is a kibbutz on the southeast shore of the Sea of Galilee. The kibbutz here was founded in 1937 as one of 52 “wall and tower” settlements (or, “tower and stockade”) by Zionist settlers while the Arab’s revolted. The goal of this movement was to populate the portions of land purchased by the Jewish authorities (Jewish National Fund.)
En Gev (or, Ein Gev) originally sat on the Syrian border and was bombed in 1948 and other wars. When Israel took the Golan Heights in the 1967 Six-Day War En Gev was made secure.