Word Bible teaching ministry began on April 1, 2002
In March of 2002 Galyn and
Toni Wiemers hung up some flyers at grocery stores and gas stations in
West Des Moines Iowa and then made a few phone calls to announce the first Bible
study. It would
meet in their home every Monday night in April of 2002 at 7:30.
Here are the memories
recorded after that first Bible study four years ago:
"Attendence was 18. People started arriving at 7:20.
Class started about 7:55. Everyone was talking and having fun until then.
Randomly set up chairs.
Made a tape. Used the white board.
Handed out notes and a flyer.
Toni had snacks. Everyone stayed atleast 30 minutes after class.
Some stayed longer. Seven people stayed until 12:30.
A lot of excitement.
Should have more next week."
The following week there
were 36 people at the Bible study.
We have met 205 of
the last 208 Monday nights for Bible study.
Events in the first
84 months (7 years) of Generation Word (April 1, 2002 - April 6, 2009):
- April 1, 2002 - Galyn
and Toni start a Monday night Bible study in their home. 18 people come and
the message is recorded on tape.
- April 8, 2002 - The second
Bible study meets with 36 people. The second message is recorded of the five
tape set "Generations With a Purpose."
- May 2002 - A Generation
Word band starts to practice
- July 2002 - Generation
Word's first news letter
- August 4, 2002 - Generation
Word Church meets for first time
- September 8, 2002 - Generation
Word begins one year Bible school on Sunday nights
- October 9, 2002 - Galyn
Wiemers is a guest on KWKY radio
- April 2003 - The booklet
"The Fourth Generation" is printed
- June 2003 - Generation
Word goes on line with www.generationword.com
- July 2003 - Generation
Word receives their first online request for tapes from India
- September 7, 2003 - Bible
School begins second year
- September 2003 - Generation
Word Church stops meeting
- November 2003 - Galyn
Wiemers speaks at Faith Evangelical Free Church in Audubon, Iowa for first
- January 2004 - Galyn
Wiemers begins to speak each Sunday at Faith Evangelical Free Church
- March 7, 2004 - Generation
Word begins a Sunday evening radio program on KWKY in Des Moines
- April 2004 - Generation
Word stops recording on cassette tape and begins recording on CD
- May 5, 2004 - Generation
Word Bible School begins to meet in Audubon. All messages are recorded on
CD to make part one and two of the "Bible School" CD set
- September 7, 2004 - Generation
Word Bible School begins to meet at Wellspring Christian Resources in Urbandale.
- September 9, 2004 - Generation
Word Bible School begins to meet at Cup-a Joe Coffee Haus in Indianola.
- January 2005 - Generation
Word begins a daily radio broadcast in Chattanooga, Tenn.
- April 2005 - Generation
Word has received orders from five continents (10 overseas orders)
- April 2005 - Generation
Word is three years old and is sending out about 300 messages a week.
- June 2005 - Generation
Word has distributed 12,000 messages on CD/tape over the last 12 months
- June 2005 - Generation
Word has a monthly budget of $3,800 for CDs, tapes, radio, printing, postage,
- December 2005 - Online
audio messages were put on the generationword.com web site
- December 2005 - Generation
Word mailed out 750 requests in the year 2005 to eighteen countries on six
- January 2006 - Generation
Word received 120 requests in the month of January
- February 2006 - Generation
Word receives orders from The Gambia and Tanzania. This makes a total of 20
countries that have requested GenWord messages.
- February 25, 2006 - Generation
Word web page receives its first hit from Israel.
- March 2006 - In the first
four years of ministry Galyn Wiemers has preached over 700 messages and Generation
Word has distributed 31,000 CDs or tapes.
- April 3, 2006 - Generation
Word will begin their 5th year of Bible teaching ministry. (Over 400 different
people have visited the Monday night Bible study.)
- November-December Galyn writes Hope for America's Last Generation
- June-July 2007 - Galyn and Toni spend three weeks in Israel
- August 2007 - Generation Word releases the book Hope for America's Last Generation
- October 2007 - Galyn is a guest on Steve Deace's afternoon drivetime talk show on WHO Des Moines 1040 AM. Over 350 books are requested from listeners.
- June-August 2008 - Galyn writes Framework for Christian Faith
- August-Novemeber 2008 - Galyn, Tim Vaniman, Clint Hansen and Jennifer Ruisch edit and work on images and setting the book Framework for Christian Faith
- December 2008 - Framework for Christian Faith is at the printers
- January 8, 2009 - Framework for Christian Faith is delivered
- January 9, 2009 - The first copies of Framework for Christian Faith are put in bookstores in Urbandale, Iowa and sent around the United States in the mail
- February 2, 2009 - Galyn begins teaching on Monday nights at Connxtions Bookstore
- February 16, 2009 - Galyn begins the 50 week Generation Word Bible School at Connxtions
- April 6, 2009 - Generation Word will celebrate 7 complete years of ministry and begin its 8th year
Bible study in Galyn and Toni's living room in 2005