Overview Notes for book “Hope for America’s
Introduction: Coming Delusion
- DaVinci Code – Canoe conquered Soul
- 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 – Coming Delusion
- John Ryland’s 100-125
- Bodmer Papyri 125
- Oxyrhynchus 100-150
Chapter 1: Confusion
“Claiming to be confused after
rejecting the truth is no different
than claiming to be in the dark after you shut off the light.”
Chapter 2: God Communicates with Us
- Psalm 19:1-4 “The heavens declare the glory of God. .
.Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the
- Deuteronomy 4:15 “the Lord spoke” at Mt. Sinai
- Isaiah 40:21 – “Has it not been told you from the
beginning? Have you not understood”
- Acts 14:17 – God has not left himself without
- Romans 1:19 – God has made it plain to them
- Hebrews 1:1-2- In the past God spoke to our
forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways but in
these last days he has spoken to us by his Son.”
- Matthew 16:1-5 – Asked for a sign. They know the weather but did not know
how to interpret the signs of the time.
Chapter 3: Knowing the Signs
- Matthew 13:20 Parable of the sower lists the things
that prevent the word from producing in our lives:
- Deceitfulness of wealth
- Times of testing
- Sun, Maps, Road Markers - - General Revelation,
Chapter 8: Punishing the Sins of the Fathers
- Exodus 20:4 Second Commandment – making an idol
observed into 3rd/4th generation
- “punish” – (paw-kad) – “to visit with hostile or
friendly intent” and indicates “overseeing, looking after, inspecting or
- Gen. 15:13-16 – four generations of Amorites left.
- Canaanites (Amorites) culture (vineyard, ivory,
alphabet) became corrupt
- Leviticus 18 – 19 – Homosexuality, bestiality,
child sacrifice, fertility cults
- Every aspect of their culture was corrupt –
industry, education, military, judicial
- Overthrown to protect the world from their
- Lev. 18:3 – “You must not do as they do in the land of Canaan. Do not follow their practices” (Do not use their moral boundaries.
Their standards aren’t your way of life.)
- “Follow” – halak” means “to walk” refers to “way of
- “Practices” – “hoq” means “boundaries”
- Lev. 19:2 “Be holy because I, the Lord your God , am
- 19:3 Respect
parents – societies built on
- 19:4 Do not turn to idols - they give incorrect boundaries which destroy society
- 19:9 Leave part of your fields for the poor - society should take care of those less
- 19:11Do not steal,
lie, deceive – society is based in trust
- 19:14 Do not offend handicap – they are part of society and part of societies
- 19:15 Do not pervert
justice – justice establishes a nation
- 19:16 Do not slander or endanger neighbor – you are benefiting at their expense
- 19:18 Love
your neighbor as yourself.
Chapter 9: The Five Cycles of Discipline
- Cycle One – Plague
- Cycle Two - Famine
- Cycle Three – Crime
- Cycle Four - Sword
- Cycle Five – Waste the land
Chapter 10: The Character of Each Generation
Fathers, don’t Bless Mothers” – “curse” “qalal” means “trifling,
small, to bring contempt, to despise” Esau did this when he despised his
birthright. REJECT TRUTH
- “Pure in their
own eyes, yet is not cleansed of their filth.” – their philosophy
(world view) does not line up with reality. A false philosophy. REDEFINE TRUTH
- “Eyes are ever
so haughty, whose glances are so disdainful.” – arrogant,
self-willed. Establish own
ethics. REMOVE TRUTH
- “Teeth are as
swords and knives to devour the poor from the earth and needy from among
men.” – oppressive, abusive, Violent (hamas). HAMAS
- Amos 8:4 – “You trample the needy and do away with
the poor of the land”
- Psalm 14:4 – “Those who devour my people as men eat
Romans 2:14, 15 “When
Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the
law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since
they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts.”
Chapter 11: The Sin of Jeroboam
In 5 forty year generations the Sin of Jeroboam could not be
Jehu’s generation removed the sin of Baal worship and so
held off the third generation for forty years.
- 930 BC Jeroboam set up golden calves in Bethel and Dan
- 890 BC – Ahab, Elijah
- (850 BC – Jehu held off 3rd generation)
- 810 BC
- 770 BC-721 – Assyrians invade and overthrow Israel
Chapter 12: The Return of Elijah
Malachi 4:6 “He (Elijah) will
turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the
children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a
Chapter 13: Jesus, a Prophet to His
- Luke 13:6-9 – parable of the vineyard
- Luke 19:41-44 – They will dash you to the ground,
they will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize
the time of God’s coming to you.
- Luke 23:26-31 – Do not weep for me; weep for
yourselves and for your children. . . For if men do thee things when the
tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?
- Four Generations:
- 90-50 BC – Pompey invades – 1. Those who hate you
will rule over you.
- 50-10 BC – Famine strikes - 2. Make the sky like iron and
ground like bronze
- 10 BC – 30 AD – John the Baptist preaches
- 30-70 AD – General Titus lays siege to Judea
Chapter 14: Secular Humanism
1933 John Dewey one of 34
Four questions that your world
view (philosophy, idol) will answer for you:
- Where do we
come from? Thesis 1, 2 say humanists regard the universe as
self-existing. Man emerged as a
- What is the
purpose of life? Thesis 8 says the complete realization of
human personality is the end of man’s life. Seek fulfillment in the here and now.
- How should I
act? Legal system based on the ethics of people based on popular
opinion and controlled by the media
- What is the
future? What happens after
death? Thesis 14 socialized and cooperating economic order for
equitable distribution of the means
of life, a universal society in which people voluntarily and intelligently
cooperate. Thesis 8 the end of the
human personality is the end of man’s life.
Current Effect and Stats
- 48% of all Americans believe God created humans in
present form in last 10,000 years.
- 13% believe humans developed over millions of years
with no God.
- Gallop Poll December 2006 says Public has not notably
changed its opinion of creation since 1982.
- Recent Pew Forum Survey found 64% supporting teaching
of creationism side-by-side with evolution and that 48% do not believe Darwin’s theory is
proven in fossil records.
“The pendulum is swinging from
denying the existence of God to embracing some kind of spirituality”
2 Thessalonians 2:4 – Anti-Christ
sets himself up in God’s temple proclaiming himself to be God.”
Christian Stats and Facts:
- 91.8% of Americans believe in the existence of God
- 11% say American society reflects Christianity.
- Our problem is not that we do not believe in God, we
don’t live like it.
America’s Beliefs (Newsweek Dec.
- 82% believe that Jesus lived
- 55% believe that every word of Bible is true
- 79% believe in the virgin birth of Christ
- 52% believe that Jesus will return to the earth
Christian’s Actions (Barna
Research Group and George Barna)
- “While it may be alarming to discover that born-again
Christians are more likely than others to experience a divorce, that
pattern has been in place for quite some time.”
- George Barna says, “we rarely find substantial
differences between the moral behavior of Christians and non-Christians.”
- Making moral decisions: 44% said whatever will bring
me the most pleasing results. 24%
followed religious principles to guide their moral decisions.
in Judah in Israel
– YHWH stone and Asherah stone.
- We name Christ but live as secular humanist
Chapter 15: The Four Generation Cycle in the United States
– REJECT TRUTH -
- Robert Ingersoll,
- Charles Darwin,
- Julius Wellhausen,
- Sigmund Freud
– REPLACE TRUTH -
- 1925 State of Tennessee vs. John Thomas Scopes – Darrow vs Bryan;
- Secular Humanism in 1933 signed by 34
- John Dewey said, “The educational system must move one way or another, either backward to the intellectual and moral standards of a pre-scientific age or forward to ever greater utilization of scientific method in the development of the possibilities of growing, expanding experience.”
– REMOVE TRUTH -
- 1962 Engel v. Vitale removed school prayer;
- 1963 Abington
District v. Schempp removed the reading of
the Lord’s Prayer;
- 1980 Stone v. Graham made the posted Ten
Commandments illegal with the court claiming that they “had no educational
- 1987 end Edwards v. Aguillard ended the teaching of
creationism in public schools;
- 1989 Allegheny
County v. Greater
Pittsburgh ACLU ruled Nativity scenes in public place as
unconstitutional. Later it was
adjusted to allow Nativity scenes with other fictional holiday
personalities like Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman.
– “HAMAS” -
- The generation who devours the poor from the earth and
the needy from among mankind.
generation was in high school when the school shootings started.
- They are still in their 20’s and do not
yet have a grip on our society.
Chapter 16: The United
States and Its Five Cycles of Judgment
- 1918 Influenza
Epidemic – God’s response to the first generation is plague.
- infected 28% of Americans.
- Average American life span decreased by 10 years in
a 24 month period.
- Ten times more Americans died of influenza at this
time than in WWI
- 1929 stock
market crash. 1930’s dustbowls.
– God’s response to the second generation is famine and economic chaos.
- $30,000,000,000 disappeared in one
- Crop prices fell 40-60%.
- 1930-1936 dustbowls ruined 50,000,000 acres of
- Dustbowl is known as the most devastating weather
event in American history.”
crime rate rose 313%. God’s response to the third generation
is “wild beast” and loss of children.
- Vietnam War caused 55,775 deaths to young people
- September 11,
2001 the sword stuck our land as the fourth generation began. God’s
response to the fourth generation is to strike their land with the sword.
- If we hope to see the next generation we must change
now. God’s response at the end
of the fourth generation is a cultural overthrow.
Chapter 23: Can Our Nation Be Saved
- 1811 Lyman Beecher a revival preacher cried out “Our
vices are digging the grave of our liberties and preparing to entomb our
- United States Chief Justice John Marshall wrote that
the church “was too far gone ever to be redeemed.”
- November 4, 1800 Charles Carroll, a signer of the
Declaration of Independence wrote “Without morals, a republic cannot
subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian
religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure . . .are undermining the
solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free
- 1780 10% of Americans claimed to be members of a
church. Church historians consider
this to be the lowest point for church affiliation in US history.
RESULT: The Second Great Awakening began in 1787 and
history even until today.
A few signs that there is HOPE
- Focus on positive values in business, politics,
always follows the money and they have started making more family friendly
movies and movies with Christian themes.
- A discussion about God and moral absolutes has
returned to public debate. In 2002
67% of Americans thought morals were getting worse. In 2006 81% think morals are getting
- Intelligent design is rocking the scientific world.
- 64% of the people still think God created
- Only 20% think they evolved.
- American’s who believe in evolution declined 6%
from 1995 to 2005.
- Atheism is losing ground.
- Anthony Flew became a deist because of “science and
DNA research demand that there is a creator.”
- Secular humanism is unraveling
- Church attendance has been steady for 60 years.
- Evangelicals have increased.
- The movie The Passion of the Christ earned $370
- The book series Left Behind sold over 65 million
Chapter 24: God and Government
Chapter 26: What Should We Do?
Eighteen things are listed:
- Continue to proclaim the truth
- Become biblically literate
- Stay spiritually alert
- We will always have to face false philosophies in
- Americans have seen enough of the darkness, crime,
- Church leadership needs to love people and do what is
best for them and not simply love getting larger numbers of people to
- Families and fathers must be restored.
- The government must maintain order and stability.
- The church must represent the spiritual kingdom and
teach the scriptures.
- The power of the church is the Holy Spirit in the
people in the pews not the preachers in the pulpits. The church is built by the people not
Revival must take place on two
- The natural level of the natural man through the five
institutions and embracing absolutes values
- The spiritual level of the church as they proclaim
the gospel of Jesus Christ and teach the scriptures verse by verse.
IDOLS & FATHER’S SIN
- Exodus 20:4
- Second Commandment – observe 1st
generations sin into 4th generation
- Ezekiel 18:2 – fathers eat grapes
- Ezekiel 18:14-17 – son will not perish if he repents
FOUR GENERATIONS -
- Curse fathers, do not bless mothers
- Pure in their own eyes, yet not cleansed of their
- Eyes are ever so haughty, whose glances are
- Teeth are swords, jaws set with knives to devour the
poor from the earth , the needy from among mankind
-Reject Truth, Replace Truth,
Remove Truth, Violent
HAMAS – (Dictionary of
Old Testament Theology and Exegesis)
- Physical Violence – shedding innocent blood
- Psychological Violence – oppression
- Judicial Violence – Corrupt Court System, Corrupt
- Social Violence – Injustice
- Individual Responsibility
- Laws of Physics – gravity
- Laws of Mathematics – addition 2+2=4
- Laws of Morality – violation of these are just as
dangerous as ignoring gravity and cause as much chaos as accepting 2+2=5
EXPECTATIONS OF NATURAL MAN
- Micah 6:8 – He has showed you, O man, what is
good. And what does the Lord
require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.”
- Isaiah 56:1 – This is what the Lord says: Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation
is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed.”
DOR - GENERATION
- Gen. 15: 16 (13) – Hebrews will leave Egypt
after 4 generations when the sin of Amorites is full
- Numbers 14 the generation changed after 40 years
Wall Street Journal
Sept. 21 Jonah – after 40 days passed did the citizens of Ninevah get upset
with Jonah for apparently making them repent needlessly since the city didn’t
fall like he said?
Three year Study by the
Barna Group: Only 16% age 16-29 of
non-christians have “good impression” of Christianity. 3% favorable toward Evangelicals.
mail book upon request. Send shipping
address to firstname.lastname@example.org
books have been sent to 100 bookstores in Iowa
signings in Altoona on Oct. 6 10:00-2:00 and Spencer, Iowa
to come speak to groups and Bible Studies. No fee.